Saturday, August 1, 2009

A prayer of submission

Always in fond memory: died 1 Aug 09 , 10am, Carl's Jr Jetty
Cause of death: violent abduction by unknown fish


Dear God,
My 7ft rod (literally) flew away today.
A big hungry fish must have taken my very small bait.
Anyway, the fish is gone with the rod.
This incident revealed my attitude towards fishing... I'm simply not expecting the best from you. I was only expecting a small fish and that was why I did not secure my rod. Now I know big fish will take small hooks (and small bait)!
God, none of these are beyond you. You knew even before I set off for fishing today that I'll lose this rod. Yet you allowed it. The Bible tells me you have my best interest in your heart.
By faith, I know what just happened is good for me. Your discipline always bears fruits.
Therefore I give thanks for your goodness. For all that you have given me. I give thanks for the lost rod and lost fish. I give thanks for the joy of hoping for a fish. I give thanks for the sun and the sea. I give thanks for stories like this to tell. I give thanks for allowing me to lose and not win. I give thanks for this lesson about disappointment. I give thanks for this lesson about preparation. I give thanks for this lesson on submitting to your will.
God, you are good because you are good. Your will is the best.
And I am glad to be found in your Son Jesus Christ.
All praise and glory be to the creator of this beautiful and mysterious world!
Amen

No comments: