Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cao Xi

Nice drizzling morning.
Came here to Carl's Jr Jetty at 7am and set out to fish with sea worms from Mark's. They were fat and juicy.
Caught 2 whitings. Fillet one for fishing (no catch) and kept the other for future trips.
By 9am, the bell on my 10ft rod rang. Not very violent but obvious enough.
So I striked and started retrieving. There was definitely something significant on the other end! :) But it did not fight like the other fishes. It gave short spurts.
Finally, I saw it! A beautiful Cao Xi (sicklefish).
1 or 2 weeks ago, I saw another man catching 2 of these at this same jetty - 1/2 hour apart.
So I set up for another bite.
But by 10am, when there was no more action, I went home satisfied.
I've seen this one being landed a few times, but never by me. I always wondered when it'll be my turn. Today happened to be my turn! :)

No comments: