Saturday, August 8, 2009

Marvelous Catch




Couldn't believe I caught 3 good sized fishes in 2 hours!
Left home early at 6am. Had a leisurely ride to Carl's Junior jetty. The ride was especially pleasant as the roads were quiet and cool.
When I reached the jetty, I saw a big group of Malay boys there. They must have fished overnight. As I set up my 2 rods, they were singing to the accompaniment of guitar. Their singing was melancholic and beautiful!
I used the frozen worms I prepared and also prawn meat.
After sunrise, Winston joined in.
Then the fishes started coming.
First was a good sized biddy. It took the worm.
Then a grunter bit too! It took the worm too. The rod, though secured with the reel to the fencing, must have rocked so violently that it tipped over, falling into the water! The Malay boy who was next to the rod quickly grabbed it for me. Thank God for him! Otherwise I would have to say sayonara to one more rod!!!!
Then my kids came and I started packing up. But as I retrieve my line, I found a scat attached to it! It made no noise though the bell was attached.
All in all, scored 3 in 2 hours. My best result in my fishing career.
Thank you God for an exciting morning.


No comments: