Monday, November 16, 2009

Making a come back...


Decided to fish at 6-pipes after all the failed attempts at Carl's Junior. I knew the tide will be high at 10am. So hoping to catch something - since I reckoned fishes are most active near the canal openning at this time.
True enough, caught 2 medium sized blackspot tuskfish (website said the meat is good!) with my small hooks used for catching whitings. They bent the rod alright and the fight was fun. Finally I caught something!
A couple of men came at around 10am with a thin 5-ft rod and a packet of live prawns. One man went to the corner of the 6-pipe canal and hooked on 2 live prawns on 1 hook (size 1/0 I think). By jiggling it, he caught a medium sized grouper! He said he caught sea bass this way too. One day I must try this method here!
Anyway, my finished all my baits and I left at around 11am. 6-pipe: I'll surely be back.






No comments: