Thursday, October 1, 2009

Another huge sicklefish in 2 weeks


Praise God. He has been good to me.
Another huge one landed this morning at Carl's Jr at 8 plus using frozen sea worms as bait (works every time). This one is slightly bigger then the one caught 2 weeks ago.
This guy did not put up much of a fight while I was reeling in, but struggled hard when it came right in front. For a few times, it just took the line and dived. I have to struggle with it for a while.
After lifting it off the waters, I secured it with a fish keeper hook and returned it into the waters to keep it alive. Because it was hooked on the lips, it was still very active and it remained alive all the while in the waters and even after I reached home!
One surprise was that I discovered the Daichi hook was broken at the tip! Thank God it did not escape. This lesson tells me always to keep the lines tight while fighting fishes!
I used kelong sotong too in this trip. But it did not yield anything. Instead it attracted puffers. I still have 3 packs in my fridge! Maybe will bring them along for the kelong trip that I'm likely to take with Thomas (a church member) later this month.

No comments: