Friday, July 10, 2009

Met an angel




Yeh yeh... After a long reprieve of not catching anything significant, I made a come back last night at the Pasir Ris beach with this bluespotted stingray using sarong as bait.
The night started very interestingly with this other guy at the beach beside us (Josh, me and Chris!) getting 3 bites consequtively while we just sat and watched with our jaws dropping (and almost cursing)! And one getting bigger than the other! He started by catching a "large-enough" grunter. Then he went on to catching a large milk fish. Finally, he got a fish so big the reel just kept pulling out into the sea. Finally, he lost it.
After that we waited a long time without any catch (not counting catfishes!).
Finally, that man left. So I took over his spot. I was using live prawns but decided to switch to sarong instead. Because in my opinion, sarong is just more "fragrant" in the water. And I was rewarded with this stingray!
Thank you God.


No comments: