Thursday, April 9, 2009

My First Hotlips! (the sea is full of surprises)

Went fishing at Carl's Jr jetty yesterday afternoon about 3pm after a productive time of work at East Coast McDonalds (free internet access there).
Because it is nearly full moon, the tide was strong and the fishes just did not bite.
Started off by catching a sea-snake which wasted one of my hooks. Then it was barrenness all the way after.
But I had a great time reading Edmund Chan's "Growing Deep in God" while waiting for the fish to bite. Was tearing like a cry-baby when I read a testimony about how God answered a prayer of a little girl at an orphanage.
Nearing 5pm, I was getting ready to go home.
But a sudden idea came to me, why not fish near one corner of the jetty? The water there is muddy and shallow but it was sheltered from the beating waves.
Just seconds after I lowered a simple drifting rig into the water, something bit and dragged the line all over! I quickly retrieved it and it was my first hotlips!
After that I went home satisfied.

No comments: