Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Best present :)

Didn't come to the beach with a hopeful heart because it is one day after full-moon and usually not a good day for fishing. But the day started with my catching my largest grouper so far (above). But still not big enough for the table. So released it to the sea.

But the surprise come much later after I caught my only whiting and used it as bait. This foot-long mantis schrimp was foul hooked near the tail - most likely savouring the whiting and getting itself hooked as it swam around the hook.
The line shaked, though not violently. So i decided to retrieve it. When retrieving the line, it felt like dead weight of a branch. So I was a little disappointed. But when the prized catch appears, I was overjoyed.
Didn't know we have such huge creatures on our shores :)



No comments: