Thursday, March 5, 2009

Night Fishing with Results!

Went with Josh for night fishing after yesterday's EDC meeting. I jokingly told him that if I do not catch a fish of at least 500gm, I'm not going home! That got him really worried because he needs my car to go home!
When we arrive at 6 pipe (left hand side extension), 2 friendly Malay comrades were already fishing there. We set up shop and started fishing! In a short time, my 6-ft rod bent dangerously. In a while, I retrieved a sand whiting of a good size.
Then over the next 2 hours, I landed another 4 good sized catfishes!
All these while, Josh and the 2 Malays could only watch in disbelief that the fishes chose only food presented by me. They did not have a single bite.
Satisfied (me, not Josh!), we packed up to go home. On the way back to the road, we met this boy who has been fishing at the canal side (instead of the sea side) with live prawns. He caught a good 2 to 3 kg sea bass!
He taught us how to catch sea bass: (1) Use live prawns; (2) use thick lines; (3) use good sharp hooks that can set; (4) come on days when the low tide is not to low and high tide is not too high; (5) wait like siow.
I was inspired! Josh was incinerated!
I gave Josh 2 bigger catfishes and my newly bought lantern as consolidation...
This is the first night fishing trip for me that yielded something. God thank you!
PS: One more thing, my 6-ft telescopic is finally decommissioned. The tip broke off. Time to buy a new one (:

No comments: