Friday, March 20, 2009

A Bigger Javelin Grunter!


The journey started last night.
After sending the family home from Sentosa, i took off alone with all my fishing and camping stuffs for 24 hours (actually less) of personal retreat.
First stop was Mark's. Picked up 200gm of live prawns. I asked for large ones, which he did give. (Mark was really committed to serve his customers. Open till 11pm!) After that I went straight for 6-pipes. The place was dead silent when I reached at about 10pm. I was the only soul there. I quickly set up 2 reels at the river side with live prawns. Hoping to hit seabass!
Then I proceeded to the sea to do my fishing. And coming back now and then to check my lines. I stayed here till about 3am. Caught like 8 catfish! (What for? I subsequently threw them all away) It'll be some time before I return here for night fishing again. No fun catching catfishes.
As for the seabass... no luck.
Then went to East Coast Macs to wash up before retiring in the backseat of my car. Slept till about 8am when my day started again.
With the left over live prawns from Mark's shop and a small size 6 hook (daiwa), I caught this good sized grunter at the mini jetty just outside Carl's Jr at about 12nn (lowest tide @ 1.1m)! Seems like Javelin Grunters feed at low tide. This is my first delicacy-category fish of this size. I am thrilled. I am keeping it alive with an air-pump. Hopefully, I can bring it home alive.
(Oh, now blogging at East Coase Macs.)

No comments: