Friday, May 29, 2009

Flathead and a lost Talang!

(God gave me a consolation in the form of a flathead which I released to the sea)
Dear God,
Thank you for giving me the exciting experience of fighting a queenfish on a taman hook! Considering the cool headedness in my fight, cutting it more slack and finally reeling it all the way in, I guess I did well. But I lost my cool when I realise there is no one to help me hook it up and made the silly decision of pulling it up from the water anyway - as a result, it broke free. If I were to think clearly then, I would use my net to bring it up instead. I would do better next time.
Though I felt sad about the loss, I would still thank you for so many good things in my life - having the opportunity to fish is one! So help me o Lord, in the future to always be thankful for the opportunity to fish, irregardless of whether I catch a fish. But if you do give me a fish, I would also give thanks!
Thank you for the precious lesson. Giving thanks to you is the antidote for disappointments and loss. Because it reminds me of how much you love me.
Amen.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Good one. Lesson i mean, not the fish.